Reasons To Hire thehouseMentor
- To create detailed and accurate specifications before obtaining bids from contractors
- To help prioritize spending if you are on a tight budget
- You are thinking about a home improvement project but you are not yet comfortable
talking about it with a contractor or trade person
- To help compare the bids from several contractors
- To get help planning a complicated project that will involve several trades people
- You are too busy to oversee the details of a project
- You've received estimates for work that seem unusually high and you're not sure how to assess them
- You don't understand the terminology of a written bid or estimate received from a contractor
- You need to correct mistakes from a past remodeling project
- You are selling your house and want to ensure that it passes the buyer's inspection
Homeowner Conversation Checklist
- The 5 most important systems of your house
- How to manage a remodeling project when numerous trades are involved
- Remodeling Survival: Why do projects fail? How do projects succeed?
- How to interpret a Home Inspection report
- Safety & Maintenance Inspections are the basis of your house's future
- Insurance Matters: Nobody wants to ask these 'what if' questions
- Boring, On-Going Maintenance vs. Sexy Capital Improvements. Guess who wins?
- The un-glamorous parts of your house usually reveal the most serious problems
- The Final Frontier of your house: The Attic!
- What you need to know about ramps, grab bars and Universal Access Design
- Getting your house ready for retirement by anticipating the changes that are coming
- Do I need a Building Permit? How much will it cost and how much trouble is it?